Thursday, March 15, 2012

Welcome to About The Data blog!

Welcome to this blog about data warehousing, data management, and business analytics.

My name is Eric Lagacé, I have been working in this industry for over 15 years. I have worked on many projects of varying scale, from week-long quick fixes to year-long major endeavors, and there have been many ideas along the way, both good and bad, and many stories.

In this blog, I will chronicle those ideas and tell those stories, sometimes revisiting solutions to problems, sometimes addressing current issues with ongoing projects, sometimes discussing improvements that can be made. My goal is to share information, possibly help others in their projects, and hopefully start interesting conversations.

Much of my work experience is in the retail industry, both online and offline, with some amount of high-tech, medical and manufacturing. I usually get involved in every aspect of the projects, from analyzing requirements with business users, to designing and implementing the data warehouse, selecting the hardware and software, and ensuring successful long-term operation. I plan on touching on all of these topics.

If that sounds interesting, keep an eye on this page, and let's get the conversation started.